The Internal Auditor's Guide to Risk Assessment, 2nd Edition
Risk assessment is a core activity that impacts internal auditors on a daily basis. This update to the popular first edition gives readers the practical tools and techniques needed to confidently plan and conduct risk assessments.
New from the Internal Audit Foundation!
Author Rick Wright shows you how to align risks to business objectives, create a practical audit plan, and conduct a step-by-step risk assessment. New to the second edition:
- Updated guidance regarding business objectives and their association with risk
- New discussion of best practices and emerging risk assessment topics
- Updated audit universe development content
- Updated risk prioritization examples
- Aligned with The IIA’s 2017 International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- New templates added to the online toolkit
This comprehensive guide includes The Risk Assessment Toolkit, an online resource that provides a valuable set of risk assessment examples that you can customize to meet your needs. Whether you are a staff auditor, a new chief audit executive (CAE), or a business professional rotating into an internal audit assignment, this book will equip you to confidently conduct your organization’s risk assessments.
About the Author:
Rick A. Wright Jr., CIA, is director of internal audit and enterprise risk management (ERM) for YRC Worldwide. He has more than 20 years of experience in internal audit practice and training. He is also founder of Resonate Training and Assurance Service, LLC, where he continues to pursue his passion for adult learning as an author, speaker, and training facilitator.
Item Number: 10.1280