Quality Assessment Manual for the Internal Audit Activity (QA Manual)
Streamline your methodology for performing quality assessments! This resource is a must-have reference for every internal audit activity and chief audit executive’s library.
The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) requires all internal audit activities, regardless of industry, sector, or size of staff, to develop and maintain a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP). The essential elements of a QAIP include internal and external assessments.
Revised by leading quality assessment experts and reviewed by an international team of practitioners, this Quality Assessment Manual offers a new methodology and broadens the focus to include all components of a QAIP, including:
- Internal assessments (ongoing and periodic).
- Continuous improvement and reporting.
- External assessments.
Aligned with the Standards, this Quality Assessment Manual:
- Outlines a quality assessment process flow that streamlines gathering of evidence and eliminates duplication of work.
- Contains standardized tools that promote ease of use while achieving consistency in assessment techniques and documentation of results.
- Offers a Road Map that highlights the alignment of specific assessment activities to assist with conformance to the Standards.
Item Number: 1131