New Auditor’s Guide to Internal Auditing
This book meets the specific needs of new auditors as well as educators and others who support them. While the book is targeted at beginners, the other angle is what audit leaders can do to prepare for beginners. There are also broader concepts relevant to them at the end of each chapter.
This is a guide for new auditors that covers all the basics: from value proposition of internal audit to governance, risk, and compliance (GRC), the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), and how to conduct an audit. There is also guidance for experienced auditors who can reflect on what they should be doing.
This book incorporates insights, stories, and tips, and has been shaped in such a way that it:
- Provides essential reading for new auditors navigating the auditing landscape for the first time
- Caters to highly skilled people from other professions, such as engineers and lawyers, through to health professionals, such as nurses
- Delivers team leaders with contemporary tools to assist in training new recruits
- Challenges veteran auditors with new ways of working to meet increasing stakeholder expectations
- Showcases contemporary thought leadership and research to inspire transformational leadership
- Links the basics of internal auditing through a series of sequenced events to the broader context
- Accommodates the many different pathways that people follow to move into an internal auditing role at all levels—from auditors to chief audit executives (CAEs)
About the Author
Bruce R. Turner, AM, CRMA, CISA, CFE, has more than 40 years of practitioner and leadership experience in internal auditing. He is just the second professional internal auditor in Australia to receive Order of Australia honors. He was appointed a Member (AM) in the Queen’s Birthday Honors of 2015 in recognition of his significant service to public administration through governance and risk management practices and to the profession of internal auditing. He has recruited dozens of new auditors into internal audit roles throughout his career and watched proudly as their careers blossomed.
Item Number: 10.1305