Lessons Learned on the Audit Trail
Richard Chambers candidly recounts personal experiences to illustrate critical lessons learned during his nearly 40 year career. Every internal auditor will discover a few gems in this insightful book.
Looking back on his nearly 40 year career, Richard F. Chambers shares many of the key events and insights gained during his impressive career. In Lessons Learned on the Audit Trail, his first book release, Chambers candidly shares:
- Personal experiences that illustrate critical lessons every internal auditor will learn from.
- Insights gleaned from his professional journey, which spans the government and corporate sectors and, since 2009, as President and CEO of The IIA.
- Significant events and people encountered along the way, as well as valuable lessons learned.
“The paradox of what you pick up later in life is you have less time to apply those lessons,” Chambers says. “But if I can help just one internal auditor become better prepared for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in this profession, then my efforts writing this book will be well worth it.”
Chambers imparts life-based lessons on such vital topics as the importance of:
- Building and sustaining relationships with internal audit stakeholders.
- Demonstrating value.
- Deploying risk-based audit planning and the dynamic nature of risk.
- Achieving and sustaining a “seat at the table”.
The French edition, Quelques leçons d'audit interne Les conseils d'un grand professionnel, is available through a partnership with IIA-France and Eyrolles by clicking here
Thank you IIA-Dallas Chapter for your sponsorship of this IIA Research Foundation (IIARF) publication.
All net proceeds will go to The IIARF.
Item Number: 10.1152