Global Technology Audit Guide: IT Essentials for Internal Auditors
Technology is a key part of every organization and business process. So understanding basic IT concepts is essential for internal auditors. Without this foundation, internal auditors may not fully comprehend IT risks well enough to design effective audits of controls in place. This guidance helps internal auditors understand how IT operates broadly across an organization and the significant relationship that IT plays in that organization’s success.
"IT Essentials for Internal Auditors" covers essential topics such as IT governance activities (including high-level, cross-functional IT activities and the IT and business relationship), IT service delivery, monitoring, and the three main IT technical domains: network, infrastructure, and applications.
After reading this guidance, internal auditors should be able to understand:
- The relationship between IT and the business.
- The various network structures, components, and related concepts.
- IT infrastructure, hardware, software, and databases.
- How organizations use, implement, and develop applications.
- Other relevant topics at a high level including data analytics, social media, robotic process automation, machine learning, IoT, and other emerging subjects.
Item Number: 10.1330.dl