COSO Internal Control - Integrated Framework: Turning Principles Into Positive Action + Framework: 2013 - BUNDLE
This money-saving collection includes a guide to understanding and implementing the new Framework, a three-volume set that emphasizes the importance of management judgment and assessing the effectiveness of internal control. These products are also available for purchase individually.
Save when you purchase both together!
Authored by PwC under the direction of the COSO Board, the updated Framework is expected to help organizations:
- Design and implement internal control in light of many changes in business and operating environments since the issuance of the original Framework.
- Broaden the application of internal control in addressing operations and reporting objectives.
- Clarify the requirements for determining what constitutes effective internal control.
COSO Internal Control – Integrated Framework: Turning Principles into Positive Action
Your guide to understanding, communicating, and implementing the update!
For the first time since 1992, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) has updated its Internal Control – Integrated Framework. Now organizations around the world are seeking to understand and implement the changes.
Larry Rittenberg, COSO’s chair emeritus, provides a high-level overview that will help internal auditors in all industries to quickly identify the implications for their organizations.
COSO – Internal Control – Integrated Framework – 2013
The Framework is comprised of three volumes including the following:
Executive Summary – This provides a high-level overview intended for the board of directors, chief executive officer, and other senior management.
The Executive Summary:
- Lays out the definition, and limitations, of internal control, and the requirements for an effective system of internal control, including a description of the roles of components and principles.
Highlights several important enhancements and clarifications that are intended to ease use and application of the Framework.
Framework and Appendices
The Framework and Appendices:
- Set forth the five components and seventeen principles of an effective system of internal control.
- Illustrate many approaches and examples relating to entity objectives.
- Provide direction for all levels of management to use in designing, implementing, and conducting a system of internal control and in assessing its effectiveness.
Illustrative Tools for Assessing a System of Internal Control (Tools)
The Tools provide illustrative templates and scenarios that may be useful in applying the Framework. It can help management in assessing whether a system of internal control meets the requirements for effective internal control.
Customizable templates included with your purchase!
You will receive a link inside of the book to an Excel file containing four different templates from the Tools, including:
- Overall Assessment.
Item Number: 10.1136