Businesses today are spending more time on strategic issues and seeking more help from those with strategic capabilities. This has created a unique opportunity for internal auditors to help their organizations both manage their risks and achieve their strategic goals.
In Become a Strategic Internal Auditor, you can learn how leading internal audit functions work with management to play a role in strategic initiatives.
- Stay connected to the business.
- Get involved earlier in the life cycle of strategic projects.
- Use enterprise risk management (ERM) to raise risk and strategy questions.
- Employ leading-edge risk assessments to gain knowledge for strategic initiatives.
- Identify new skill sets needed to engage in strategic planning.
Become a Strategic Internal Auditor is based on multiple interviews and case studies at ADP, VMware, Raytheon, Harley-Davidson, and other leading organizations. It provides practical information that you can use to become a trusted strategic advisor for your organization.
About the Author:
Paul L. Walker, PhD, CPA, is executive director of the Center for Excellence in ERM, James J. Schiro/Zurich Chair Enterprise Risk Management, St. John’s University, Tobin College of Business. He co-developed one of the first courses on ERM and has conducted ERM training for executives and boards around the world.
Also available as an e-book or a downloadable PDF.
Generously Sponsored by The IIA-New York and IIA-Detroit Chapters
Item Number: 10.5033