Human resources (HR) management covers a broad spectrum of workforce activities. Despite its integral role, HR is often considered a “soft” area and management may not understand the inherent risks involved with this function, including employment law issues, compensation and benefit plan design, recordkeeping, and potential fraud issues.
In today’s environment, some new issues have moved to the forefront in HR, including executive management ethics, health-care costs and reform, and HR outsourcing. Organizations should audit the HR function to:
- Perform routine checkups (uncover any unfavorable conditions and set up a treatment plan)
- Determine how to best align HR operations with organizational goals
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment regulations
In this 2nd Edition, author Kelli Vito includes:
- Updated content based on HR best practices and news
- NEW revised and expanded Risk Checklist
- NEW Risk Impact and Control Matrix
- Employment law updates
- Updated HR websites
- Updated HR records retention schedules
- Expanded graphics
Auditing Human Resources, 2nd Edition, is an essential tool for internal auditors to examine the technical and practical dimensions of the HR function and to create a comprehensive system that adds value to the organization.
About the Author:
Kelli W. Vito, SPHR, CCP, is principal and owner of Capital City HR, which is based in Austin, Texas, and offers strategic human resources (HR) management consulting and auditing services to both private and public sector organizations. Her practice specializes in HR auditing, workforce planning, performance management and measurement, strategic planning, compensation administration, and organizational design.
Also by this author:
- Auditing Compensation and Benefits Programs
- Auditing Human Resource Bundle
- Auditing Employee Hiring and Staffing
- Auditing Employee Management
Item Number: 10.1034